Thursday, February 28, 2013

Columbia, SC Half Marathon

Just signed up for another half marathon in Columbia, SC on 9 March.  One of my co-workers that ran the Augusta half talked me into signing up for the Columbia one.  Can't believe I am doing another on two weeks after my first but there is a method behind the madness here.

I am using this as a test for how I have recovered and being able to do almost back to back half marathons.  With the way things are looking for October - November and if all goes to plan, I will have probably two half marathons plus a ten miler along with maybe a 10k and a 5k mixed up in there.  I want to see how my body does so I know what areas I need to train on between now and October.

It's going to be interesting to see how things go.  I think I will be fine and should be recovered enough by next week.  At the same time, what a good way to start the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment