Saturday, July 7, 2012

Great Training Week


Had a great week of training this week.  Put in 25 miles for the week, the most I have done in a week so far.  I ran the Yankee Doodle Dash on 4 July in Augusta, GA.  Completed it in 1:04:58, my first 10K I have done  so far.  I felt it at the 5 mile mark but was able to stick with it and complete without stopping.  Not to mention it was warm and humid during the run.  

Did my Team In Training group session today, not many showed up.  In fact it was only two of us plus one of the mentors.  Guess people took some vacation time this week.  Anyways, it was a nice 5 mile run that we did this morning.  I felt good during and after the run. 

Since I put in 25 miles this week and 18 miles last week, next week will be a low mileage week.  Going to keep it low to give my body time to recover after all the mileage I've put in the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to an easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment